Launched last week in NAMM we have news of some Ibanez models that will be hitting the shores soon and they look great. There’s 3 new jazz guitars AFJ81 AFJ85 and a new George Benson signature guitar a LGB300. The price on the AFJ81 and AFJ85 are likely to be around £400/450 which is amazing, that’s a lot of guitar for the money. Although the spec sheet doesn’t say it they look to both be 17″ bodies as opposed to the others in the Artcore range which are around 16″ which makes them more comfortable to play for some and should have a positive effect on tone as well. For me I would (predictably) say that they have cut corners with the pickup though, a cheap ceramic which comes with it just doesn’t cut the mustard; a Bare Knuckle in the neck and you’d have an absolutely stunning guitar!
Interviews with all kinds of jazz guitarists and general jazz guitar stuff
- Adam Rogers Adrian Ingram Anthony Wilson Barney Kessel Ben Monder Bern Nix Bill Evans Billy Bauer Bireli Lagrene Carl Barry charlie christian Charlie Hunter Chuck Wayne Dan Johnson Dan Martin Dave O'Higgins Dennis Budimir Derrick Bailey django reinhardt Eastman Ed Bickert Eddie Lang Foulds Gary Potter George Benson George Van Eps gibson Gilad Hekselman Grant Green Howard Alden Ibanez Jack Wilkins Jazz jazz guitar Jim Hall jim mullen Jimmy Bruno jimmy raney Joe Diorio Joe Pass Joe Puma John Coltrane John Mclaughlin Johnny Smith John Scofield Jonathan Kreisberg Julian Bream Kenny Burrell Kurt Rosenwinkel Lage Lund Larry Koonse Lee Konitz Lenny Breau Martin Taylor Maynard Ferguson mike stern Miles Davis Mimi Fox Newtone Newtone Strings Pat Martino Pat Metheny Peerless Guitars Peter Leitch Phil Robson Robert Johnson Ron Eschete sheryl bailey Sonny Greenwich Sonny Rollins Sonny Sharrock Tal Farlow Ted Greene Trefor Owen Wes Montgomery
- RT @LDNJazzGuitar: Our next workshop is on 24th May with Jonathan Kreisberg! He's in town for two nights at @pizzajazzclub with his quartet… 3 months ago
- RT @606club: Thur/@LondonJazzFest: brilliant guitarist Peter Bernstein makes his 606 debut youtu.be/ocbHAfi5KFA // @LDNJazzGuitar @Fould… 8 months ago
- RT @AlexMunk1: Really honoured to appear in this month's @Guitarist_Mag with a fantastic feature on the debut @f_machines album. #startmeup… 8 months ago
- Some great gigs and events are planned so do go along, support and enjoy! hjgs.co.uk/festival 1 year ago